Learning the Oceanic Atom 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just was reading this thread it's a year later and still no class on the learning site Dive Computer Training
Did the plans change or is it as hard to write a class for the Atom 2.0 as it is to use it?

If I went through the Geo 2.0 training aside from the AI is it close enough to be a good starting point?
Thanks

the Atom 3.0 was released.. and they gave up on the 2.0 owners.

..... is it as hard to write a class for the Atom 2.0 as it is to use it?
Not at all ... but Oceanic is not interested (as in spending $$$) in a class for the Atom 2.0 as it has been replaced by the Atom 3.0.
We DO have the Atom 2.0 in both eDiving and divePAL simulators.

....If I went through the Geo 2.0 training aside from the AI is it close enough to be a good starting point?
No, I don't recommend it.

Just a historical note. The Atom 1.0 shipped with a version of Oceanlog software that was compatible with Windows XP, but not Windows Vista. When Oceanlog 2.whatever came out, it was compatible with Vista, but as I recall, it was not compatible with the Atom 1.0. It seems to me making it compatible with the Atom 1.0 wouldn't have been that big a deal. I could be wrong. It is my subjective impression that when Oceanic Worldwide releases a new model, the old is sort of 'orphaned.'

Unless things have changed since I last checked, which has been quite awhile.

Here's a question; do the Atom 2.0 & 3.0 work sufficiently alike to make taking the DiveNav Atom 3.0 course a good way to learn how to use the 2.0?

Richard.

......... do the Atom 2.0 & 3.0 work sufficiently alike to make taking the DiveNav Atom 3.0 course a good way to learn how to use the 2.0? .
No, I would not recommend it.

The Atom 2.0 is a PITA to use in general, Oceanic has fixed all of the problems with the Atome 3.0. It is much easier to use and navagate. I figured out my Atom 3.0 without even reading the manual, much easier. Oceanic has just started their upgrade program again so you can trade in your Atom 2.0 and get 20% OFF any Oceanic computer. So you could get the Atom 3.0 for $200 off. I would recomend it.

Ugh, I just bought a atom 2.0 without the manual. I paid $350 new with transmitter so i could not pass up. Can anyone help me out how to use it? Or point me where to go?

Back
Top Bottom