leaky SPG hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys:
If the bubbles are coming out from under the boot... 9 out of 10 it's the little o-ring on the swivel spool, and not the hose. But when you take it out of the boot and stick it in the bathtub with some pressure, you'll know.

If it's just the o-ring - here's an article on how to fix it: http://scubatoys.com/store/joelarry/hpspool.asp

Are the spools all "standard" size? If not, are they the same for suunto and uwatec?
thanks!

Seasaw:
Are the spools all "standard" size? If not, are they the same for suunto and uwatec?
thanks!

As far as I know they're all the same length and diameter but there are some with a flange in the middle and some without. If you put a flanged one in an spg that doesn't take a flange then you won't be able to turn it after you tighten it.

R..

PerroneFord:
Can someone explain the purpose of the boot? Seems like just an impediment to knowing what's going on if you have an issue.

That's why the DIR guy take the boot off.

Jason

jbb:
That's why the DIR guy take the boot off.

Jason

Even without a Dir degree... I know if I see bubbles coming out of the boot... It's the HP spool...

scubatoys:
Even without a Dir degree... I know if I see bubbles coming out of the boot... It's the HP spool...

No DIR degree here. Just that some prefer to take the boot off permanently.

Lesson learned on my part. No matter how new the part to check out on a dive. I put a new SPG on and although brand new out of the box, the o-rings on the spool leaked a little bit. I was on vacation and didn't have any o-rings that small on hand but it was just a little mist of bubbles. Of course a greater concern was my new Uwatec Smart Tec which quit working before a dive. I quit grumbling about luggin my old dive computer along just in case of just such a problem happening.

Jason

jbb:
Lesson learned on my part. No matter how new the part to check out on a dive. I put a new SPG on and although brand new out of the box, the o-rings on the spool leaked a little bit. I was on vacation and didn't have any o-rings that small on hand but it was just a little mist of bubbles. Jason

Happen to be #3 o-rings if you want to grab a few.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom