leaky dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverguybcca

Reaction score
My diving concept dry gloves leaked during my last 4 dives. No problems with the hardware, or installation. My only guess would be the ware on the neoprene wrist seals. Anybody els have this problem?:(

Question ?? Are you using the wrist seals (on your wrists) or are you using the locking cuffs with no seals in contact with your wrists ? If your using the seals on your wrists, then it could very well be a seal related problem. If your using the cuffs system with no seals in contact with your wrist then try this. While under water hold your hands up in front of you and let the gloves fill with air from your suit. If your gloves are leaking then you should be able to see a stream of tiny bubbles rising up from them. The Diving Concept dry gloves are easy to repair. You can even duct tape them right at the dive sight to get you through the day until they can be properly repaired. I have been using mine for quite a while and have had no problems with them………………………………..Arduous

If you are using dry gloves with a cuff lock, make sure to keep the plastic cuffs (that lock) clean. Even a bit of crud or lint can provide a passageway for water to seep in.

To clean thoroughly, wipe the plastic cuff with isopropyl alcohol, but don't wipe rubber with alcohol, as it will degrade rubber.

Back
Top Bottom