Leaking pee-valve! Fresh install!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenaxia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys,

I just got my drysuit back from ScubaToys for a pee-valve install. I hopped in the pool for about 30 minutes and when I got out, the area around the pee valve was all wet.

This was actually the maiden dive of the suit as well, it had never been wet previously. The suit itself is a Pinnacle Evo2 and the pee valve installed was a balanced Dive Rite valve.

I haven't gotten back in the water now, but any ideas on what I should check? It was leaking from around the valve as the internal tubing was still dry and the area around that was dry as well.

There is an O-rings on either side of the P valve. Unscrew the two halves of the valve and check that the O-rings are in place.

There should be a rubber washer glued to the suit. The valve seals against this. Make sure it is there and glued securely. Also make sure that the 2 halves of the valve are screwed together tightly.

There should be a rubber washer glued to the suit. The valve seals against this. Make sure it is there and glued securely. Also make sure that the 2 halves of the valve are screwed together tightly.

Should the washer be glued on the outside or the inside? I disassembed the unit after I got out and I saw a rubber washer on the outisde of the suit but it wasn't glued in place.

Should the washer be glued on the outside or the inside? I disassembed the unit after I got out and I saw a rubber washer on the outisde of the suit but it wasn't glued in place.

I remember seeing a thread here about pee-valve installation that said the rubber washers did not need to be glued on either side, as assembly pressure alone was sufficient.

I remember seeing a thread here about pee-valve installation that said the rubber washers did not need to be glued on either side, as assembly pressure alone was sufficient.

I guess it may not have been tightened down all the way? I guess I'll give it another shot next week.

This is right from the Dive Rite Manual for the Pee Valve.

You can not just squeeze the valve to seal the suit against the rubber gaskets.

3. Disassemble the Relief Valve.
4. Remove the two rubber gaskets that fit between the valve halves. Using sandpaper make
one side of each seal slightly rough. This will give the adhesive a better surface.
5. Apply sealing adhesive (please consult your drysuit manufacturer for proper adhesive to
use) to the rough sides of sealing gaskets.
6. Place a sealing gasket on the outside and inside of your suit around the hole created so
that the adhesive contacts drysuit material. Be sure that the gaskets are aligned equally
with the hole.
7. Use a clamp to apply pressure to seals and allow time for it to thoroughly cure.
TIP: Use a bolt (1/2-inch diameter), nut and two washers (1.5-inch to 2-inch diameter, same size
as the seals). This makes a good clamp for Relief Valve installation. Each washer goes on
the outside of the seals. DO NOT USE THE RELIEF Valve for this purpose

Back
Top Bottom