leaking inner bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem is, I don't have a bath tub... Anyway, it did not really bother me. Was surprised this had happened. Will test it out during my next dive trip and repair it during then. :)

I got a strong feeling it's due to science. The air I blow in is hot air, and during the day time, it expanded even more, which caused the OPV to work. Then the following day, it shows as a leak. That is my gut feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is, I don't have a bath tub... Anyway, it did not really bother me. Was surprised this had happened. Will test it out during my next dive trip and repair it during then. :)

I got a strong feeling it's due to science. The air I blow in is hot air, and during the day time, it expanded even more, which caused the OPV to work. Then the following day, it shows as a leak. That is my gut feel.

If you inflate and spray with soapy water it will bubble where it's leaking.

If you inflate and spray with soapy water it will bubble where it's leaking.

Will test it out later when I am back home. I had just regrease all the 3 contacts.

Hopefully after 2 hrs later, it will not deflat. Haha

Those gaskets do not require any grease as they are static. If you grease the lower pull dump rubber it will attract sand and could cause leaking/sticking problems. If I were you I would remove the grease.

Those gaskets do not require any grease as they are static. If you grease the lower pull dump rubber it will attract sand and could cause leaking/sticking problems. If I were you I would remove the grease.

Just soap my whole BCD, can't find any bubbles coming out!!! Could it be the dump exhaust at the top?

5atynygu.jpg

Just soap my whole BCD, can't find any bubbles coming out!!! Could it be the dump exhaust at the top?

5atynygu.jpg

Possibly, do you have access to a swimming pool? Like I said before if you estimate you lost around 10% of air over two days I wouldn't worry about too much. Without submerging it in water and looking for bubbles it could be very hard to find the leak.

Possibly, do you have access to a swimming pool? Like I said before if you estimate you lost around 10% of air over two days I wouldn't worry about too much. Without submerging it in water and looking for bubbles it could be very hard to find the leak.

Correction, 1 hr n it is deflated.

I think is due to the power inflator that is pulling the elbow exhaust.

So what happened in the end?

As another poster posted DR customer service is some of the best in the diving world I'd be more than surprised if they don't sort it out for you....if you give/gave them a chance.

One thing that annoys me on this board sometimes is when people come on strong, bad mouth a company but then never follow up, particularly when the issue was resolved to satisfaction.

---------- Post added March 19th, 2014 at 05:32 AM ----------

That's a very small slow leak, you'd likely not notice that on a 1hr dive. Personally it wouldn't worry about it. You could fill your bath up, inflate wing and look for bubbles. Often the culprit is either the inflator unit or the gasket on the OPV or elbow.

I bought a different brand bladder and swore not to buy dive rite again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom