Leak Insure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jasoncassanova

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I always thought that desiccants have always been re-usable until i found out that Leak Insure is disposable. Do you have anything else to recommend that is as good or if not even better than Leak Insure?

The desiccant is what I use but from a less expensive source than "leak insure". I think desiccant is rechargeable, at least to some degree. I have had some success recharging my small 2 gram packs with a hair dryer. I can't put them in a microwave due to their plastic wrappers.

I use the 2 gram packs from "Preservation Station" at $15.90 for 50 packs. They are not advertised as rechargeable. They are color coded to change from dark blue to pink when used up.

The company does have rechargeable desiccant in 50 gram bags for $5.99. You have to make your own device to fit into your camera housing. You can use a cut off piece of a woman's stocking depending on how much space is available in your housing. I use to use it in my old Olympus housing but switched to the 2 gram packs for my Canon housing as there is not as much space.

Not sure what it will cost you to get it to the Philippines. Maybe you have a contact that can bring it from the USA?

I always thought that desiccants have always been re-usable until i found out that Leak Insure is disposable. Do you have anything else to recommend that is as good or if not even better than Leak Insure?

Jason
The Leak Insure sachets can be used again if the camera does not leak. I use them all the time. I've recently come back from a trip to Sharm and used one sachet for the full two weeks.

Leak Insure sachets are much better than desiccants because the protect you from leaks not just condensation. Have you seen this http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tips-techniques/381682-last-night-sachet-saved-my-life.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom