Leak detector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic13:
Looks interesting....how much water is needed to set it off? It says you can test it with a wet finger. Would that mean direct contact? When mine flooded on New Years Eve it had just covered the bottom of the housing when I noticed and it was enough to ruin the camera. So if it does need direct contact - it might be too late anyway, don't ya think?

Water has to actually touch the contacts. A wet finger is a good test. Where to locate the contacts depends on what position the housing is normally in. For most divers this is probably the bottom of the housing (lowest point). Since the PT housings are so small a leak detector is not that beneficial. A drop will set it off, but there may not be time to get the housing out of the water before the camera is damaged. But then again we all have a second camera - right? (If it goes in the water buy 2)

I have an aquatica version on my FS2 housing, and it only takes a sniff of dampness to set it off. Thankfully so far it hasn't gone off!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom