LDS shortterm memory loss - battery issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbs

Contributor
Reaction score
My lds has apparently forgotten that our veo 180 and 200's have problems with some battery types... So last week was our first dives since service. 14th dive into the week and my wife's 180 displayed flashing low battery. Made 2 dives ok and replaced it with a new one and completed the week ok. The "bad" battery is a Lijia. Any EE's out there that can tell if the specs for this puppy should be ok for the oceanic computers. Here is the link: starÆóÒµ²úÆ··¢²¼v1.0²âÊÔ°æ

Next question. Short of actually opening the computer to check the brand of battery he put in is there any way for me to stress test it before a dive trip to make sure its ok? For example powering it on after getting it back from the lds and keeping it on (wet?) for a week? As I'm typing this I'm thinking it might just be easiest to open it up... What's interesting is both the 180 and the 200 were serviced at the same time and only the 180 had the problem.

Aren't those user replaceable batteries. If so, it will probably be easier, cheaper, and more reliable to DIY. And then carry a set of spare batteries & o-ring with you on trips.

Well when we first started having the problem we asked the lds to only use the Sony battery that comes with the Oceanic kit. Hence the shortterm memory loss comment :) The key for me is to NOT have this happen to my wife's computer on vacation. The stress caused is not needed! We do travel with backups and orings/lube and I have gotten good enough at changing that we don't lose any data.

I don't know how you could stress test the battery. I'd go ahead and change the battery in her computer to be safe though.

Sony or Panasonic CR batteries. Always. :thumbs-up:thumbs-up

I don't know how you could stress test the battery. I'd go ahead and change the battery in her computer to be safe though.

Sony or Panasonic CR batteries. Always. :thumbs-up:thumbs-up

Oh I did change it on the trip with an Everready which I have used successfully in the past. Or do you mean change it myself AFTER I get it back from annual service? I'm thinking of handing him the battery I want installed next year. It is starting to sound silly though. Maybe I'll just do the computers myself and let him service our regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom