LDS Setup / DX860g Sea&Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPG3K

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys, just a quick question, this should probably be an easy one, I hope.

Backstory - I ordered a Canon a720is/housing from an online retailer - which is now back-ordered indefinitely.

I'm outbound to Destin/Pensacola next weekend and was really hoping to snap some pics, even if my diving needs my attention, I figured I could click off a few like I did during my check dives. Being said - obviously, I won't have the Canon in time for next weekend, and none of the local shops here have the housings, so buying it locally doesn't seem to be an option.

I'm looking at the LDS here, and they've got a DX860G kit, camera/Housing/Tray/Arm/YS27 Strobe.

So, two questions relating to this camera.

1) Quality of kit/images in comparison to the A720? AKA - Should I wait to eventually get the Canon?

2) Buy as a kit or buy Camera/Housing and a better strobe than the YS27 later?

I use the S&S 860G with the YS-27DX and have been pretty happy. It's not an SLR but it does have a good macro. I've posted a few pictures here. My biggest need for improvement is doing better with color but that's not the camera's fault.

Back
Top Bottom