LCD Touch Backpack issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I already have the 60m housing, it is the default housing with the Hero3 ( the 40m came with the Hero3+, correct me if I'm wrong ). I'll try to remove the desiccant, but honnestly I doubt on that, cause I put the two desiccant on sides ( like this ). And, of course, I never let the housing under the sun, I'm too afraid that it could make my gopro explode :D

Interesting... I had a Hero3 black, with the touch LCD, I used it with the hard back to depths of 30-35m and never had any issues with the touch screen being "touched" by the hard caseback. I used to use the anti-fog strips too (down the sides of the camera). Good luck getting it solved

I purchased the LCD bacpac but in two minds about using it UW as I plan to use it on a pole. I don't see a point in staring into a 2" screen from 45" away and spoiling my experience of the dive. Good if you are using a tray I guess. I'll just rely on the wide angle.

Sent from MiPad
(Beats the rotten Apple to the core...)

.... when I go deep (20-30 meters ), the pressure makes the case gently press the touch-screen and then the goPro become unusable, until the pressing stops.

Am I the only one here? Or you found a solution?

Thanks!

I've used mine with the LCD back and the case back that came with it many times. I've been at 20-30 meters most of the time and I've never had a problem.

I'm pretty sure the screen is a capacitive touch screen (like a smartphone screen) rather than a pressure touch screen so nothing about the plastic back pushing on it should affect it all all. You should only get a response by using your fingers or a capacitive stylus.

I don't know what your problem might be, unless it's the pressure pushing against one of the buttons rather than the screen.

Jim

I have used the LCD back and gone to the very limits, depthwise. I have never had that problem with the dive housing and the rigid back door. I never use dessicant and have never had a problem.....<knocking on wood>

I know.... I already thought about this capacitive feature, and it's bugging me. I would think my LCD is defective, but I never had any issue outside of water.

I'm considering buying a LCD with no touch feature. Somebody told me that the Hero1/2 screen fits on the hero3. But it's hard to find one with a good price. While searching, I saw a LOT of theses:

Bacpac External Display Viewer Monitor Non Touch LCD Screen for GoPro HD Hero 3 | eBay

Have anyone heard about this un-branded screen?

Thanks

Do you know anyone else who has a GoPro that you would borrow their case or backpac for a dive? I don't know what's wrong there but I can't believe it's the case pushing on the screen. I think you're just going to have to find someone who will let you borrow theirs and play with different parts until you figure out what's going on.

Good luck figuring it out and let us know what you find.

Jim

Hm... That got me thing if your housing has water in it.. That cause the respond... But I guess not.

There are non touch screen LCD available on site like dx.com probably half the price of the gopro LCD.

Absolutely no water infiltration for sure. But the heat of the goPro and the cold water may create some condensation... But I put desiccants so... :/

I have a friend who has a hero1/2 LCD, I'll borrow it for the try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom