LCD Magnifier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phish-phood

Reaction score
Anyone used the LCD Screen magnifier for the Olympus housings? I've been looking at spending some money on bits and bobs for my camera and was wondering whether this was worth the money or if it actually makes a difference when lining up the shots?

Also if anyone has used the wide angle or macro lens attachments it would be nice to get some opinions on what they are like.

I'm not looking to take professional pics, just decent, quality pics that will print well up to A4 size for if I come take a decent shot that I want to display :wink: and I feel happy that my mju 400 can do that on land but I'm a bit leery of spending more money on underwater accessories than I spent on the camera itself in case it doesn't translate.

I find that I use the wide angle more than any other setting. Since photos seem to look better the closer you are to the subject, having the WAL allows you to frame nicely while being very close. I prefer the color depth and saturation when using it. My little avitar pic, was shot about 4 inches from this 4+ ft crodile fish using a WAL.

I looked for a way to magnify the LCD, finally put them in my mask. Now its a lot easier to see the settings. I use the zoom capability of the camera to enlarge the section of the photo when diving.

I've got the LCD magnifyer and I really like it. I've only tested it in the pool but it makes a huge difference. You lose a little bit of viewing coverage, maybe 1/8", but it didn't hinder me when setting up the composition of the shot. I think it's well worth the money.

I also use my WA lens most of the time. I especially like it for WA close ups like scubanimal mentioned. Do your homework when choosing a lens, some of them produce some bad blurring around the edges. My S&S 'L' lens doesn't unless zoomed all the way in and then it's only minimal.

I use the 2+ stick on magnifier lens inside my mask to read the 5050 screen and my computer, the only downside is you can't leave the mask in the bucket or the lens will come off again.

How much does the Oly magnifier cost and where do you get one?

They retail for $59.95 and you can get them from Marine Camera

go ahead....you know you want one! :D

I think it's more like "Go ahead I NEED one" :D . These short arms need to get some length!

Hmm $59.95 that it better than the £59.99 it costs here :p maybe I'll have to order one from the states instead!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom