LBTS Thursday Afternoon/Evening 6/10?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuck41

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone interested in diving late today? I plan to go down to Hibiscus late today (bout 6 or so) and play if anyone else wants to get wet. Will be my last chance while I am here I am afraid so can't miss the opportunity.

I'd love to, but I have a previous engagement. (It's either finish painting my house or miss the Reef Cleanup on Saturday, so I'm renting a sprayer this afternoon...

MikeJacobs:
... this time I'm bringing a light. I hope the water has cleared up. I'll be getting in about 6 so maybe in the water at 6:30?

I'll be there at 6:00, if the weather holds out we should have a good dive or two. I'll put new batteries in my backup light so it will be ready and pick up a handfull of lightsticks.

Watch out for Yellow sharks!

WHERES MARVEL????
Somebody call SB's Redheaded step child and let her know... I left my cell phone at home and can't call...

Scuba_Jenny:
WHERES MARVEL????
Somebody call SB's Redheaded step child and let her know... I left my cell phone at home and can't call...

The Redheaded Stepchild is starting to feel like a part of the family again!!! :07: Got PM's from Chuck & Grier!!!

hey Where's the dive report??

Great dive!! (Second report - something glitched & first was lost)

Entered water as planned about 6:30 with lights, camera, Mike, Marvel, and myself. Surf was much less than Tuesday night and there was a light current from the North. Saw many of the standards: doctors, damsels, grunts, and a couple angels - and that was before we got in the water.

Went out to the reef and headed north until Mike's 1/2 tank of air was expired and he left our party of two to enjoy the smorgesborg of displayed sea life. We reversed course and drifted south looking over the reef. Saw trumpetfish, toadfish, as well as all the regular reef-dwellers and many of them paused to pose for me and my camera.

As the sunlight faded and our dive lights took over we saw many of the late residents beginning to come out. Found the "Lobster Towers" - a large cavernous rock that Marvel says she has never seen before. Had two nice lobster underneath as well as several delicious looking groupers and a lot of other stuff around. We had about a half hour of simi-darkness at the end of the dive where we saw a few crab, a squirrel fish, and I saw even a couple little translucent shrimp that I did not see on other dives there. When we left the water my tank was down to below 500 and 'puter sain 1:58. I think Marvel still had a half tank. Apparently she never inhales! All in all it was a great experience for me. Wish you had been there.

Surely enjoyed diving with you conch-divers here. I will be looking forward to the opportunity to do it again in the future.

Thanks guys,
Chuck

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom