Lazer or Ranger W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lanakila

New
Reaction score
Just to start off with, the Zena is not an option for me. I've already used one, and I'm just not a fan.

I'm trying to find out whether the harness of the Lazer is the same as the Ranger W making the major difference just the volume. The photos on the Zeagle site aren't good for a head-to-head comparison, and the written descriptions highlight some great points for each rig. I am a plus-sized, classic "pear" shape so the idea of having a full-length BC that has a higher waist is very, very appealing.

In the PFS I fit a Medium shoulder very well, it's the location of the actual waist that is a problem. I could send the whole deal to a rigger (jump reference, sorry), but I'm hoping that the Lazer or the RW will keep me from having to do that.

You're on the right track.
You can get either the Lazer or RangerW in the correct vest size needed to position the weight system properly on your hip, with the cumberbun on your waste, and then select the shoulder pannel size that put the buckle up high enough on your pec to be correctly placed.
I sell a lot more Lazers than RangerW's.

I don't like bringing up old threads, but I'm sort of wondering the same thing as the OP about the differences in the harnesses. In the same size, do both harnesses fit the same way? (eg, cummerbund at the same height) The pictures on the website (and the product guide) make it look like they fit quite differently but it may just be that they're different sizes on the same mannequin. I would go to the LDS and try each on, but they don't keep them in stock.

Thanks for the response, Scott. I've just heard back from the other local dealer. Turns out that they don't carry the Lazer anymore cause they found that most women prefered the Stiletto, which they have in stock. Next time I'm in that neighbourhood, I'll give one a try. :D

Back
Top Bottom