Lavacore pants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pongo1998

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I posted in the lavacore section as well. Does anyone know if you have a problem with the legs riding up
when trying to put a wetsuit on over the pants?

I thought those were more marketed for drysuits than wetsuits, but then I realized that even most drysuit undergarments have stirrups to keep them held down. Seems like a questionable design aspect...

Unless they have foot loops or your wetsuit is very loose I can't imagine how you'd get a wet suit over them. Even with foot loops I'm having a hard time imagining how you'd get a proper fitting wetsuit over them.

I have the whole Lavacore line and love it. I mix/match it - I use it in place of a 3 mil - I use it to keep the jellies off - I use it under my 7 mil late fall -
I use it under the drysuit. It's loose and doesn't crush you like the neoprene does when you layer up. I have had drysuit floods and I like the Lavacore against the wicking layer to function as a wetsuit when it gets wet. It gives me several more minutes before the numbing cold sets in and the limbs start shutting down.

As regards the riding up on the legs - buy the Lavacore socks or some other bootie sock. They are very durable. Tuck the pants into them. Or you could wear the Lavacore over the wetsuit.

I think the good old wetsuit insulates and warms you better than the Lavacore but Lavacore has it's own advantages esp. when it comes to trips to the Necessary House before/after the dive//during the surface interval.

I agree the pants should have stirrups and the longsleeve shirt might be designed with a full zipper so that it could be opened when standing in the sun out of the water. It gets awful hot.

One disadvantage of Lavacore is that it dries slowly and must be dried inside out to speed it up.

Mine are prone to filling up like water balloons. Yes, they were properly sized by a dealer.
They stretch too much....
Going to do a full review on LavaCore after I get back from Coz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom