Lautoka, Fiji Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruzbound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

We may be stopping in Lautoka, Fiji on a cruise for a day and of course, I would like to go diving. We will only be in port from 7 AM to 5 PM. Probably can't get off the ship until 7:30'ish AM and will have to be back on by 4:30 PM at the lastest.

When I google scuba diving in Lautoka, Fiji I do not get any scuba diving shops - does anyone know if there is shops we can go diving with on this island?

Thanks,
cruzbound

First Landing Resort is in that area and has a dive shop.

We also went with some other resorts on the nearby islands like Musket Cove but not sure how to get there. from boat

Hi,

I am trying to contact the resort through their website and it is not working. I don't have a way to call international. Does anyone else know how I can reach them as I don't see a direct email address on their site - unless I missed it.

Thanks,
cruzbound

Hi All,

We may be stopping in Lautoka, Fiji on a cruise for a day and of course, I would like to go diving. We will only be in port from 7 AM to 5 PM. Probably can't get off the ship until 7:30'ish AM and will have to be back on by 4:30 PM at the lastest.

When I google scuba diving in Lautoka, Fiji I do not get any scuba diving shops - does anyone know if there is shops we can go diving with on this island?

Thanks,
cruzbound
With the shortish time in port, checking to see if the cruise ship offers a scuba diving excursion might be a good idea. If they do, it'd be convenient and also cover the tight turn-around.

Unfortunately the cruise line (Norwegian) doesn't have many excursion yet and I am not getting my hopes up that they will offer scuba diving. We used them to go to the French Polynesian and Hawaii and they did not offer any scuba diving excursions. Can you believe that - super tropical places and nothing. They do have some excursion listed for one of our stops (Bora Bora, FP) and NO scuba diving. Uggggg.

We had a one day cruise stopover in Lautoka years ago with a similar time in port. We used Viti Water Sports, who took us to a resort on an island about 45 minutes away. From the resort, we did a two tank dive with lunch during the surface interval. It was a very good dive op and they got us back to their dive shop in Denarau in time to get back to the ship in plenty of time to meet on board time. We took a taxi to/from the dive shop (about 45 min drive each way). I will admit I was a bit nervous about the mechanics of the taxi, boat rides, 2 tank dives etc., but it worked out fine, and our next stop was Suva, about a 3:30 drive from the dive shop. So we had a relatively easy way to catch up to the ship in the event something went sideways on the dive outing. That was the deciding factor as to whether or not to dive on the Lautoka stop. Good luck.

Did you have any luck? I will be doing the same thing later this year and am considering staying overnight on land to get in a afternoon dive near Lautoka and an early morning dive next day nearer to Suva where the boat will then be. Has anyone done this?

I haven't heard back from the dive company and the cruise ship we are on normally does not offer dive excursions on these type of cruises. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom