LAUE Charter to Farnsworth Banks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ligersandtions

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all!

Rainer and I are hoping to charter the Sea Bass for a fun day of diving out at Farnsworth Banks, regarded as one of the nicest dive sites in all of Southern California (home to HUGE schools of fish, purple hydrocoral, electric torpedo rays, miniscule nudibranchs, and much more). The pinnacles jut up to as shallow as ~60' and drop off to ~170'. There are nearly infinite dive profiles available, ranging from Fundies through T1+. The plan is for two dives at Farnsworth and a third dive would likely be somewhere on the backside of Catalina, in recreational depths.

Fall is often the best time to visit, so our plan is to head out there on October 29th, 2011. Here's some video from one of our trips there last year:

[vimeo]14414059 [/vimeo]

Those coming should be comfortable with deeper dives, unpredictable currents, and mid-water ascents.

Cost is only $130. Food and drinks included, and we'd arrange for nitrox (32%) boat fills to be included for that price as well (you'd need to show up to the boat with a filled cylinder for the first dive). This is a one time only killer deal for Farnsworth!

Singles, doubles, deco/stages, scooters, cameras, etc all fine.

Usual "rules" (GUE gear configuration, open circuit only, no hunting, no collecting, no smoking).

Also, since the date is very near Halloween, my husband and I will be hosting a low-key party at our place (only a few minutes from the marina). Food, drinks, costumes, and friends (old and new) :D

Finally, if you're coming from out of town, there are many of us who have couches / spare beds / etc to offer -- for the night before and/or the night of the charter.

If you're interested and can commit now, let one of us know soon. We will only book the boat if we can fill it -- we fully expect this charter will fill (and fast!). Would love you have you join us!

-Nicole and Christopher

If I hadn't already used my vacation time this year, id be all over this. Me and klj had 70-80 foot vis with zero current there just over a week ago. Top 5 dive of my life, just phenomenal

Have fun!

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk

Thanks! Maybe next time :D

When Farnsworth is good....it's absolutely amazing! Hell, even when Farnsworth conditions aren't ideal, it's still quite good (though a bit of experience certainly comes in handy!).

If anyone else is interested in joining us, please do let me know! We'd love to have you along :D

I really want to go, but my buddy is still very much recreational non-GUE setup. Won't cramp anyone's style by taking a slot. It'll be a great trip, my best Farnsworth dive was 10.31.09...

We have a couple of people coming from the Bay Area. You could also definitely team up with some of the GUE divers down here if you want to come down.

Just a few spots left...we'd love to have you join us! Let me know if you can make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just one spot left now!! Who's gonna snag the last one??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moments after posting that there was one spot left, someone grabbed it!

For those who are still interested, please know that we will be starting a wait list. Unfortunately, sometimes people do have to cancel....and in case that happens, we like to be able to fill the spot if possible. So if you want to be added to the wait list, please do let me know. We will offer spots that come open to those at the top of the list, so let me know quickly!

Also, we have a number of people coming from out of town, so we are planning some additional dive events Thursday through Monday. If you're interested in those, please shoot Rainer or me a PM and we can give you further details :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom