Lauderdale By The Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ramon Corrêa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys, I was wondering if you would be willing to give me an assist on planning this dive. I'm assuming that, based on this map, the furthest one can swim is the 2nd ledge, correct? How would you suggest I go about this dive? I was thinking about swimming out of the Datura Ave, until I hit the Biorock Reef project, and then swim to the 2nd ledge at which point I would go south. Thoughts? Anyone more knowledgeable about this spot willing to help me out?

600_458548063.jpe

I dive there all the time. You can swim to the 3rd Ledge, I do every saturday, one with white round buoys. Usually from datura to the ledge swim on surface, then down, and into the current. Then 2 choices, use up all air, surface, and float towards datura with surface current, or swim under, which is faster but wastes about 700psi.

Last edited:
I don't think it is Anglin's, I looked up online, it is deep. Thus, I think it is the 3rd ledge. Yes, there is a bunch of white round buoys and a few boats.

Cool. Should I surface swim there? Also, once there should I go north or south? Lastly, since you go often... How have conditions been?

Thank you for all of your help.

You can swim underwater but it is a long swim. You have to see it once to recognize, otherwise you'll be swimming in doubt, if you had passed it and now heading for Bimini.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom