Latex wrist seal replacement questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I went with the latex seals. It wasn’t difficult once I figured out how to get the seals folded back. I went with DAP weld wood and did several coats on both the fabric and the seal, with drying in between and a wallpaper roller to finish up. It’s not pretty but I’ll have a chance to test it in a couple of weeks. Most of the time was waiting for the cement to dry. Glad I gave it a go, the next time will be much quicker. Thanks to the board for all the help, both in the archives and in this thread.
As a note for next time. The DAP will hold the seals without issue, I have used it in a pinch before. It gets very stiff in cold temperatures. If you are winter diving and the surface temps are below freezing, the glued area will be stiff as a board. Next time, if you can find it, look for Pilobond 25. It goes on and functions the same, but it remains pliable at low temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom