Latex to neoprene glue.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skookumchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an old drysuit with neoprene wrist seals that are torn. I'd like to cut them short and glue bell shaped latex seals over top of them and I'm wondering what type of glue to use. Will Aqua-seal work?

I have an old drysuit with neoprene wrist seals that are torn. I'd like to cut them short and glue bell shaped latex seals over top of them and I'm wondering what type of glue to use. Will Aqua-seal work?

Aquaseal will work but if you can get some viking glue that would be your best bet its what most repair shops use for repairs. Its a 2 part. Let me know if you cant get any I have a source here.
U/O

If your suit is neoprene, or otherwise has any amount of stretch to it, you probably want to stay away from AquaSeal / AquaShure. It's great stuff when used as intended but doing any glue work after the fact may be problematic.
Plain old wetsuit cement will work fine, the stuff McNett distributes as "Seal Cement" is about the best neoprene glue out there.
Viking 2-part cement for their vulcanized rubber suits is also a very good solution, it has a good amount of stretch to it after set up but for a lot of folks, the size of the containers it usually comes in might be a tad overkill (their "small" can is a whole pint, about 4x the size of wetsuit glues)
The Viking hardener can be used with quite a few other types of glues, in effect turning them into really GREAT glues.
In fact, if you use plain old paper/rubber cement & add the Viking hardener, it will produce a finished job that rivals the regular Viking glue.
I can prattle on & on about how the hardener works (for quite a while) but I'll spare ya. :D

Talk to gamblescuba.com,he has been doing it for years with many satisifed customers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom