Latex neck seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunnydude

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I purchased a DUI suit off ebay. FIt is perfect but I have a question regarding the seals. I am going to trim the wrist seals as they are very tight but my question is on the neck seal. It has been trimmed but according to DUI trimming manual it is trimmed to the right size for me. It just feels loose. Normally everyone complains they are too tight, but how to know if it is too loose?

I purchased a DUI suit off ebay. FIt is perfect but I have a question regarding the seals. I am going to trim the wrist seals as they are very tight but my question is on the neck seal. It has been trimmed but according to DUI trimming manual it is trimmed to the right size for me. It just feels loose. Normally everyone complains they are too tight, but how to know if it is too loose?
Use it. In a pool. Contort. If the neck seal is too loose it will become apparent very quickly.

If your LDS has a pool hop in. If, when you inflate the suit, you get bubbles coming out of the neck and you get wet just inside the seal and around your shoulders then the seal is a bit too loose.

Hope this helps.

H.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom