Latex free

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shortar53

New
Reaction score
Hi,
i'm posting this on behalf of my mum - she can scuba but not use the net, go figure.
:)
the problem she has is thus:- she's enjoyed snorkelling for a number of years and has also developed an interest in scuba. unfortunately, after a surgery last spring, she developed an anaphylactic allergy to latex. can anyone with similar problems recommend any products or stores that could help her feed her habit, as we are due to travel to mexico soon, and she'd love to dive out there,
Thanks a lot,
Karl

Sounds like a bummer.

I spent a few minutes with Google (search for "scuba latex free" and found a reference to LaCosta (800-522-6782) as a supplier of latex-free Wet suits, scuba/snorkel masks & equipt. I found this info at this web site. I can't vouch for them in any way. Caveat Emptor.

There may be other suppliers, etc. (you might try google) but here's one potential one to get you and your mom started.

Good luck!

How can a surgery make you develop a latex allergy? Do you have any idea why it happened?

I'm having surgery in a couple months & don't like the idea of developing a weird syndrome that makes scuba difficult.

Regards,
Jazzy

:confused:

shortar

Although this link does not directly relate to information about latex free suits - you may want to PM one of the people involved in the discussion as many of our regulars mentioned about never using latex.

Maybe they can point your mum in the right direction.

Heres the link for you - hope it helps -x-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom