Late introduction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daebado

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
Been a lurking member here for a while now and never actually stopped in to say 'Hi!'

My wife started diving together about 6 years ago. We live in Kansas so we practice in lakes (usually Beaver Lake in Arkansas) in between Caribbean and Florida dives.
Did Ambergris Caye, Belize and the Blue Hole this past summer and loved it! Sharks were along for nearly every dive (not just Nurse sharks but Caribbean Reef sharks!) which was fantastic.

We have done Cozumel twice and the Blue Heron Bridge several times as well as some other Florida sites. I like to take video and currently use a Hero5 on a homemade rig.

We both love diving with sharks (I like to get closer than she does) and have done controlled feeds as well as having them just be along for the dive. More adrenaline on the feeds but I really like it when they just appear on their own.

Next year, we celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary where we honeymooned... CocoView Resort in Roatan! Anxious to get back there and visit the Prince Albert again. Night diving is great on that location and is where I ruined my first camera! Planning on not repeating that event, though!

Thanks Richard,
N. Carolina is definitely on the list. Sand Tigers look awesome!
We did a shark feed with Lemon sharks in Jupiter a couple of years ago. Got awesome video! Did a Bull shark dive on the same trip. They didn't come as close as the Lemon's but they definitely absolutely get your attention! Bulls are incredible... big, muscular, graceful and a bit unpredictable. If they don't get your adrenaline flowing, I'm not sure what would!

Hammerheads are way up on the list, too. So much to see, so little time!
It's hard being a diver in Kansas!!

Back
Top Bottom