Last Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dblh3l1x

New
Reaction score
I have always been a magician on Google. My Google-fu knows no bounds; however, I am at a loss. I watched a documentary on SCUBA diving somewhere around 2005. It was probably an HBO documentary.

Essentially, as a remember it, it began with a team documenting a regular air depth record. It seemed like it was in New Zealand or Australia (or maybe one of the two divers who were to set the record were from there, I don't know).

It was to be a week-long event. One of the divers had a cold and did not do any of the acclimating dives. The other diver kept going deeper each time in the lead-up to the main dive; however, when it came, I suppose the other wanted his name in the record books, too. He dove with his partner, but ended up suffering from (what I guess would be) nitrogen narcosis. He suffered so severely that I remember the other diver saying he swam the wrong way (down) and there was "nothing he could do."

The other ended up dying, so what started out as a documentary to record the depth record ended up being this tragic documentary on his death. I remember as an aside other divers recovered his body a year later diving on Trimix.

So, does anyone have any idea as to the name of this movie/documentary? I've spent over an hour on Google, etc., trying to find it, and I'm hoping I can pick someone's brain as to the title.

Thanks,

B

Back
Top Bottom