Last minute trip plans - condo or villa rental?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2ODoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I booked flights today to see if we can't make a last-minute trip workout for 12/31/22 through 1/7/23.

If anyone knows of a condo or villa available for that timeframe, let me know. I found two larger villas, but the price it $8k or more and that's too high for us. There are other homes for rent, but in the city limits, so not terribly "beachy" looking. I think we'd rather be on or nearer the ocean.

There are 5 of us - wife/me and three 20-something year old kids!

Villa Aldora has the Cameron and Barracuda suites available - any feedback on those?

On VRBO there are properties at the Landmark and El Cantil that run around $500 per night.

We stayed at these wonderful places just south of the Money Bar Villalasuvas.com. Have to call for availability though.

I saw that ElCantil. Looks nice. We'll be doing some power searching tonight, so thanks!

I looked on Airbnb and Peninsula Grand has a 3 bedroom open on your dates. Not cheap...$454/night + fees I'm sure. But waterfront! Good luck

El Cantil is great. Book one of the dive ops that will pick you up at their dock and it's perfect.

Villa Aldora is a mile north of town. So you are looking at taxis or a 20-30 minute walk for everything. IMO, it's best sure for divers who want quiet and are diving with Aldora so get picked up at the dock (most of the time).

I saw that ElCantil. Looks nice. We'll be doing some power searching tonight, so thanks!
We strayed in El Cantill 7N last year..3b/4b and it was very nice!

If you end up being stuck for a place, then I would look at the Grand Occidental perhaps?

Wow, you scored! Miramar is on my bucket list. Have a wonderful trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom