Last minute discount dive trip site needed/available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leadking

Contributor
Reaction score
As a retired individual, I would love it if there was a website available for last minute discounted dive trips. Last minute cancellations, unfilled charters, etc. happen. I would love to dive more, but at an average of $500 a day for a good trip is more than I can justify. Your thoughts?

I would definitely watch such a site/resource. I would also like to see choices of destinations from my departure location- like where can I go next week.
I will say that I have now found 4 great last minute/discounted trips here on Scubaboard; Turks and Caicos Aggressor, Bluewater Photo Anilao trip (did it a second time too), Komodo Dancer (also x2), and the Nai'a Fiji. Those trips ranged from 3 weeks, to 1 day before departure purchase.
Another advantage to last minute for AA miles users is that short notice has been my best experience booking with miles. There never seems to be any availability when planning ahead, but last year I got a CX Bus. class seat to Bali 2 days before leaving.

Also call the operators/agents directly. I had 2 good experiences with Aquamarine Dive Bali, and the Nai'a office was very helpful.

Have fun- I'm trying to pull something off for next week too!

Most dive travel vendors highlight their specials but you have to go looking for them one-by-one. But I think I know what you mean, a wholesale site that lists destinations and places with last-minute trips and hotel-dive options; that would be a great reasource.

Are you interested in liveaboard diving? Sometimes they have open slots for scheduled departures and you can get a good deal. Liveaboard.com is good site to watch. They'd rather sail with a full boat.

You didn't say what part of the world you are most interested in diving, but right now the Caribbean Explorer II has good deals for December dive trips to Saba and St. Kitts, see the link below. They are asking $225 to $300 per night per person and that includes food, accommodations, and lots of diving - and it is very nice Caribbean diving. Airfare and tips would be extra.

Do you travel with a buddy? If not the single supplements can be brutal at resorts and on liveaboards. Most liveaboards will sell single berths and pair you with a same gender buddy, so that can be a good deal if you don't mind that. And if they don't sell out the boat, they may let you have the cabin without a buddy and without the single supplement charge. It's easy diving too, you set up your gear once at the beginning of the trip and then they fill your tank in place between dives.

Another nice thing about liveaboards is that they don't need a lot of advance planning. @drrich2 calls it "turn key" diving and that's a good comparison. You just have to show up on time with your gear and C Card and everything is already arranged for you. Plus it is a lot of diving, and often very good diving.

Caribbean Explorer II

Last edited:
I don't have any in-house trips right now but there are always other groups with openings you can join so you can take advantage of group discounts as a single diver.
Search for any date & location then you can look at specials on the next page: Travel

I agree the single supplements on a liveaboard can be brutal. Almost a third in some cases which makes the $2200 trips over $3k or more. They do often have single spaces available if you're willing to share a cabin.

try singledivers.com also. You don't need to be single just on your own. caradonna.com used to send me e-mail specials until I cancelled it also - they have a sign-up for savings box on their homepage. Most (all?) dive travel agents are paid by the resort.

Hi everyone!

While it’s not the exact resource you’re looking for, you might want to check out our special deals page on Diviac. You can sort the specials by location or time, and we almost always have a few last-minute deals on deck.

In addition, you can always drop us a message and our sales team would be happy to search for some last-minute openings and discounts.

I hope this helps. Happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom