Last Maui Dive ... for awhile :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had a great dive at Makena landing - Started off by seeing Shaka Doug and the famous "Shaka Bus", then into the water we went, scooters at the ready. We were able to find 4 of the caves (never got that far before) and vis was the best I've seen there at about 70-80ft (maybe I just have bad days there, but it's usually around 40) In the first cave there were a couple of white tip reef sharks, including one of the largest I've seen (must have been 6ft) then in the bubble cave we ran into 3 more white tips :) Good day for sharks - About 40 minutes into the dive we saw divers surface swimming above us and realized we'd worked our way around to the 5-Graves entrance - so, being a bit chilly we turned the dive and headed back to the landing. Finished up at 71 minutes - Great buddy, great dive, lots of bottom time ... what a GREAT last dive on Maui - Oahu, Here I come! (Monday)

Aloha, Tim

P.S. Sorry, but no pics - camera is having "issues" ... should be resolved by next dive with a new battery and SD card :)

Hey Tim! It was great to see you and meet your dive buddy (Natalie). The conditions were really nice there yesterday...I also saw a few of the sharks you mentioned. The whales were being extra vocal too. When it's clear like that it's such a great dive. You can see why we're upset about 'developers' trying to take it away from us, yeah?

Good luck over on Oahu. Oh yeah, if anyone is wondering, chivalry is not dead! I watched Tim carry both scooters plus all his scuba gear all the way from the parking lot to the water. Miss Natalie helped by carrying his fins but the two scooters hanging on his shoulders is no easy task. Way to go Buddy! Glad you had a good time!

Thanks for your last report from Maui. Sorry I will not be able to meet you in a couple weeks. But I wish you the best in Oahu!
Thanks,
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom