LasikSurgery/Photography/Mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeeV

Reaction score
I had Lasik surgery over three years ago and doing very well. My only problem is that I switched over to digital photography and cannot see the LCD monitor. I had the typical surgery that gives me long range vision in one eye and close-up in the other, however with small print (or an LCD monitor!) I need those cheap reading glasses you can buy at the grocer.

Has anybody had a mask made with lens correction in the lower half of the mask to address this problem, while leaving the upper half alone? If so, where? Please email me directly as I may not be able to access the board from work.

Thanks a bunch!
LeeV

There are stick-on gauge readers called Dive Optics that, when done properly, will stay in your mask. Or there are several places that will glue a bi-focal lens to the bottom of your mask lens. Or you can order a mask with bifocals ground in from Sea Vision. They also make RX lenses for other brands of masks but you'll need to ask them which ones.

Dee,
Thanks a bunch. Somebody else also recommended SeaVision so I'll see what they have to offer.

LeeV

I read somewhere where someone suggested using a fresnel lens inside the housing if it had the space for it...

I found that post, but am considering having half-lenses put in my mask since I only need the reading magnified for my camera/guage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom