Langley Tire Reef Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Our club (Fraser Valley Dive Club) decided to dive the Langley Tire Reef before it was shut down due to marina construction April 1st (no joke). It was my first time there and I really like it as a simple site with lot's of small life to look at. Hopefully it will become available again once the building is complete.

[video=youtube;qNYXub8QhqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNYXub8QhqI&list=UU5zvhnU0XYpf_cadpYJYkhQ& index=1[/video]

How long have the tires been down? There seems to be pretty good sea life on them.

Bill

Very nice! I've only done the tire reef once, and I don't remember finding anywhere near that many critters there, but it may have been the time of year. Too bad to lose a site that was good when tides or weather made Keystone a poor option.

I don't know much about the site Bill. Like Lynne I have always thought of it as a second choice to Keystone which has a lot of vibrant life. As a result, the 2+hr drive usually sees us there but I certainly would go back now that I've been. Maybe someone else knows more about what's going on but from a brief discussion with people there we were left confused as to whether the site was closed permanently or just during marina construction so that divers didn't get hurt. Hope it's the latter.

Back
Top Bottom