Landlocked Nebraska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know there is diving there. I've seen it advertised online somewhere looking for something else diving related. I rarely get there. I'd like to get a chance to recon it myself one of these days. If I do I'll keep you and this thread in mind. Unfortunately it's a 2 to 3 hour trip to Omaha. That doesn't help you right now though, sorry.

Thanks! We'll be up there briefly next month, so maybe I can try to recon the Omaha area myself, if we have the time.
You never know what dive sites might pop up. From old mines, to flooded missile silos (Texas), to flooded underground old military complexes (Washington State).

Thanks! We'll be up there briefly next month, so maybe I can try to recon the Omaha area myself, if we have the time.
You never know what dive sites might pop up. From old mines, to flooded missile silos (Texas), to flooded underground old military complexes (Washington State).

Have you made it to Omaha yet?

DW

I am from the Omaha area. Not a lot here for diving. I know there are some that dive some places like beaver lake. Dive shop generally goes to Alantic IA for quarry diving/training. By no means an expert of the area. Do most of my diving in clearer water. Heading to the quarry next Thursday with dive shop folks. First time there since getting certified.

The quarry in Atlantic is the closest dive site in Omaha. There are a few of us going on the 23rd for a dusk/night dive.

Have you made it to Omaha yet?

DW
Not yet, but we'll be there by Monday and I think only staying for a couple of days this trip due to the virus, etc.
We'll be back up periodically though, and I would definitely like to get a dive or two in somewhere either up there, or along the way. (Driving from north FL)

Not yet, but we'll be there by Monday and I think only staying for a couple of days this trip due to the virus, etc.
We'll be back up periodically though, and I would definitely like to get a dive or two in somewhere either up there, or along the way. (Driving from north FL)

If you come through Southern Missouri, drop me a line and maybe we can sneak in a dive or 3.

DW

I'm still working on getting all my equipment and my boat ready. I really wonder if I'll get a chance to dive this year, and see what there is here in Nebraska.

Back
Top Bottom