Landlocked Nebraska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Abraham

Registered
Reaction score
Got my padi certification in Kuwait in the summer of 2001. I've never used it. I also had classes in 2 different schools growing up. I figure it's about time I use, and basically relearn it all for a 4th time.

I don't have any plans yet. I just bought a bad online. I'm planning on buying a compressor and tanks tonight. Sept is far off yet. Too soon to say.

What compressor are you looking at, if you don't mind me asking?

DW

It's a young hang (Chinese) . I got a 220 volt model, it's their upgraded model. At approx 400 it's worth the gamble I think

There are several threads on these compressors. Several things to be aware of. There is no/little filtration on these units, as they were designed for PCP airguns. They normally have a limited run time, many are only 30 minutes. By the time you add proper filtration, you are rapidly reaching the price of a used compressor. Just a few things to keep in mind.

DW

Thanks for the welcome diving pawpaw.

Dark wolf, i'll try it, and see what happens. I don't know anything about this compressor. Normally I'm pretty cocky, and of the opinion I can make anything work lol, but I'm going to attempt to maintain my humility till my new toy gets here in the mail. I'm really anxious for it to arrive because my bcd, fins, mask, and tanks arrived today. I'm waiting on my regulator setup, and that compressor. Wish me luck.

Thanks for the welcome diving pawpaw.

Dark wolf, i'll try it, and see what happens. I don't know anything about this compressor. Normally I'm pretty cocky, and of the opinion I can make anything work lol, but I'm going to attempt to maintain my humility till my new toy gets here in the mail. I'm really anxious for it to arrive because my bcd, fins, mask, and tanks arrived today. I'm waiting on my regulator setup, and that compressor. Wish me luck.

Good luck! Let me know if you get down this way!

DW

Actually, I was going to ask about any diving anywhere near Omaha as we have a family member moving there that's certified. I'd like to get some diving in with them while visiting if possible...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom