Landlocked in Calgary...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nanaimo... so are they currently diving there now?

Yes, diving is going on all year on the west coast. High wind is the only thing that may stop a dive, and usually we try to find an isolated area away from the wind to enter the water.

Cheers

Al

Nanaimo - we never really stop diving here, although I know a few dives have been called due to storms (high winds, big waves or just awful driving conditions).

The beauty is that if you call a dive one day, it's likely you could dive the next day - or at worst in a day or two.

Cheers,

-S

what's the water temp like? would it be worth the trip to do my wetsuit training in?

In the Vancouver area, it has been 43F. The island probably won't be much different. I would skip the wet suit and go straight for the dry suit.

w0nger- I'm in Calgary as well and am off to Mexico next week. I also am looking for some short trips and have a couple of instructors where I work who will do a dry suit course. If you are interested PM me and I'll set something up.

w0nger - You don't have to go South to get wet.

I happen to know that there is an underwater hockey & football/rugby team in Calgary. I'm sure they'd love to have you.

i was just diving in the pool at the talisman centre a couple sundays ago, it was nice to get wet again.. looking forward to the ocean though...

Who were you diving with at Talismen? I was in Regina over the weekend and could have gone with a club there to the YMCA where they go every Friday night and then off for Pizza and beer. Unfortunately my D in law was cooking a big dinner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom