Landlocked in Calgary...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

w0nger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
and it's the middle of winter. I wanna get wet... what are the options???

Also, i'm available for short (2-3 Days) trips on a plane somewhere, but have no one to go with... anything within flying distance???

depends, are you thinking local as in Canada or upper US or tropical?

rip out to vancouver. you're an hour and a bit by air. there are lots of shops that have club dives or night dives. water is about 7 degrees, and there's a lot of diving within an hour of the city, or grab the ferry or float plane over to nanaimo, and hit one of the lodges over there.

I live in Calgary too, last month I flew out to Victoria and did 4 dives in Sidney and flew back. It is good to dive Sidney because it is right next to the airport, so you can get off the boat and get right on your flight.....:confused:

kidding...

Don't dive wet suit though, I still can't find my....well...you know...:shakehead:

Don't dive wet suit though, I still can't find my....well...you know...:shakehead:

Oh common, it's not thaaaaaat cold :D:wink::rofl3:

Air Canada can fly you right to Nanaimo. Awesome diving there, good dive shops and several dive boat options.

-S

Think of your plane as a bird and fly South for the winter. 2 or 3 days in the Keys it's in the 80's during the day and 70's at night. Hit some reefs and wrecks while your here, but I have to tell you once your here you won't want to leave to go back to being cold all day. LOL

Air Canada can fly you right to Nanaimo. Awesome diving there, good dive shops and several dive boat options.

-S

Another vote for Nanaimo, wrecks, walls and some good shore dive too, if you don't a lots of money for charters.

Cheers

Al

Grab a drysuit and hit the mountains my friend - seek training if you don't already have it.

If ice isn't your thing though - hit the west coast.

EDIT: Fly solo if you have to - I've done it a few times - It can be bit of a jump out of the comfort zone but it's worth it - just let the shop know in advance you're solo and what your exp. level is and any shop worth their weight will accommodate you.

solo eh? i'm always afraid to travel alone... although the keys do sound enticing, it's quite the plane ride. Nanaimo... so are they currently diving there now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom