LaLuz L800 Video Light to Be Replaced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,Good day.

We also supply all kinds of diving lights.Our lights include the primary light,video light and back-up light.If you are in any need of them,just feel free to let me know. Thanks.Have a good diving life.

Hi,Good day.

We also supply all kinds of diving lights.Our lights include the primary light,video light and back-up light.If you are in any need of them,just feel free to let me know. Thanks.Have a good diving life.

Dame, I bought 2 diving torches which produces from a China brand was all flood. You know what, it was just 20 meter.

Dame, I bought 2 diving torches which produces from a China brand was all flood. You know what, it was just 20 meter.

I don't know if ano is related to LaLuz. I have visited their website and it doesn't have any reference to LaLuz lights. Laluz has its own website.

I don't think you can assume all Chinese produced lights are sub-standard because you had a problem. I have been diving with the L800 for over a year as deep as 120 feet and I have had no problems with it. It is a solid light and works just as advertised. I had a problem with the mount (because I failed to properly wash it after a dive) and when I attempted to order a replacement they sent me a free replacement.

I have ordered an L1000 and it appears they are sold out for the moment. I probably won't use it diving until Christmas but will post my impressions when I get it next month.

You actually understood what he was going on about? After reading that post twice I gave up.

Oh and I cant wait to see your impressions on the new light!

I will post my impressions as soon as I receive it. I see that there are two more for sale on Ebay this morning.

I received the light this afternoon. I have only been able to shine it on my bedroom wall and compare it to my L800. The construction is all but identical to the L800-that is it is solidly built. The only visible differences are the new light to show battery status, the switch on the rear looks a little different but works the same, it now has a built in ball mount, the red filter now screws on top of the lens and the lens is sort of frosted so a diffuser is unnecessary. I compared it to my L800 with the diffuser on for that light. It definitely has a wider angle of illumination and seems brighter than the L800. You can tell that this light is a little warmer in colour than the L800.

I am not sure if I like the new red filter. It is now inside a mount that screws onto the light like a filter on a camera lens instead of the rubber mount that you simply slipped over the end of the light. I liked the old mount because you could put a thread through a hole on the side of the mount and remove it without fear of losing it. There is no way to attach the new filter to anything. This is a better mount but maybe not as practical as the old mount It will make it more of a nuisance if you want to change from stills to video. Incidentally, the new filter will start to screw onto the L800 but will not screw down completely. It seems to screw down sufficiently that it cannot be lost.

You only get one battery with this light and the new charger is supposed to be faster but I haven't tried it yet. However, for $179 this is a quality light. If it had the old red filter (and I have managed to lose my old one) it would be perfect as far as I am concerned given the price point.

Last edited:
Finally, I've bought a Laluz L1000 for one of my recent trip in Anilao. The performance was very promising and absolute suit for my needs.

But, the only thing was about the delivery lead time. Because of the new restriction on parcel delivery, particular in Li-ion battery, it took more than 4 weeks time from order release till parcel on hand.

Fortunately, I was able to get a free delivery which made me feel a bit better.

Here below a clip to show its performance with just one L1000 plus cannon S110.

[video=youtube;xWeyzC-OdNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWeyzC-OdNs[/video]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom