Lakediver's next trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LakeScubaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey everyone, we're going to Lake Ouachita June 3-4th weekend and will have shirts and gear for sale. Also look at our new shirt designs on the site, and PLEASE submit a dive site so we can make our dive site map the best dive map on the planet - information straight from divers themselves!
Thanks

We are based out of Oklahoma.

LakeScubaDiver:
We are based out of Oklahoma.

Well I figured that knucklehead:D I am in Tulsa and I now know that you are in Cushing. I just bought a couple T-shirts, license plate frame, and mask strap from ya. (Mark Perkins) but I go by Wes (my middle name) Lemme know when you guys are gonna be at Tenkiller or somewhere else "local". Maybe my wife and I could hook up and meet you guys. We haven't been out to meet alot of fellow divers that dive around here.

Nice shirts by the way, I like the font:wink:

-Wes

Sorry! And thanks for the sale! Glad you like the shirts and everything else. I am hoping to be hitting Tenkiller soon, possibly Murray. We will let you know and post on our site the date and time of our next dive trip. We are also talking about possibly trying to dive Lake Skiatook up around the Tulsa area. We can't find much info on it out there, but have heard others say it is good for diving. We may be planning a trip out there to do some research for a listing on our map on the Oklahoma page. Good to hear from you and again, glad you like your items!

I dove Skiatook last year around this time and can only report silty bottom and 3 foot visibility(if that). Maybe there are some other spots on the lake. We dove at Crystal Bay.

Thanks for the update. We mill probably check it out soon and will post if things are different.

I had been told by several non divers that Skiatook was really clear and would be a good dive spot.

I asked scubaguy (here on SB) about it (he lives quite close). He told me that the top 10 or so feet was really clear, but the after that the lights went out. I'm glad he saved me the trouble of diving there!

FD

fire_diver:
I had been told by several non divers that Skiatook was really clear and would be a good dive spot.

I asked scubaguy (here on SB) about it (he lives quite close). He told me that the top 10 or so feet was really clear, but the after that the lights went out. I'm glad he saved me the trouble of diving there!

FD

I live in Tulsa and we heard the same thing. My wife and I went there last summer for our checkout dives and after about 15 minutes at 25' we thumbed the dive and went to Tenkiller the next day. I will probably give it another try this summer but will try and find out a different spot to go to. Hopefully a shore spot. We went into a cove by boat last time we were there. I sure hoped it would have been better. If I find any good spots out I will pass on the info. I sure hope I do so that I don't have to drive so far to go diving. Skiatook is only 30 minutes from me.

-Wes

Back
Top Bottom