Lake Winnebago in Wisconsin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm interested in anyone's input on this too. I live a couple of miles from Lake Winnebago, so now that I have my c-card I am starting to look for local dive spots.

My Pal owns a home on the south end and from what I have seen as the lake warms it get's a bloom so lack of vis. In all my years never seen a dive flag out on the lake next to a car recovery from under the ice no need for a flag,
and with a max depth of 21' not much to dive,
So your best bet is Red Granite if your into inland dives.
Brad

A few miles up Wisconsins thumb is Door County. Ever dove up there? Definetely worth checking out if you haven't.

Jim

it looks like it's been a few months since the last response to this post. To answer the original question about interesting places to dive, Lake Wazee in Black River Falls is deep, crystal clear most of the time but very cold. Great place for practice dives. Then there Red Granite quarry. Although I've never been there myself, I've heard it's an ok place to dive.
Lastly, I'm a new comer to Madison and looking for people to go diving with locally. Please PM if you live in the area and wouldn't mind having another dive buddy for local dives.
-martin

I'll second Wazee. Clear, cold, and as deep as you like. Camping in the park is on a first-come service, so make sure to get there early if you plan on staying there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom