Lake Wazee, WI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I grew up in WI, in Appleton to be precise. Where is this lake, never heard of it?

Doesn't look safe with all of those branches to get caught on!

Looks just like our lakes here. Even our bass could be cousins!

Bruehlt....the trees just make it interesting! You soon learn how to navigate through and around them. It's actually alot of fun and challenging.

bruehlt once bubbled...
I grew up in WI, in Appleton to be precise. Where is this lake, never heard of it?

Doesn't look safe with all of those branches to get caught on!

Here's a link to a site that has some good info regarding this lake.

www.co.jackson.wi.us/html/forestry/scuba.htm

One of the clearest lakes in Wisconsin for Diving. Actually was noted in the "Dive Training" magazine as well. I enjoy diving there.

Nice pics. I've been to Lake Wazee a few times and recognize the forest and fish cages in your pics. I also took my first digital pics in Wazee, and I was amazed at what Photoshop was able to do with all that green.

Mike

Before
before.JPG

After
after.JPG

I'd love to dive it - just need to watch out for that monofiliment fishing line that you can't see!

THAT would make a bad day of diving!

You want deep in WI, you should try Green Lake - of course, that is if you can SEE anything! Its about 130 deep or so at one point, can't remember much, just that we used to swim there as kids.....

They don't call it Green Lake for nothing. I did a dive in Green Lake about 10 years ago, and didn't see a damn thing. For deep diving in WI, there is also Red Granite Quarry and Lake Wazee. I believe Lake Wazee is the deepest in Wisconsin.

Mike

It truly is amazing at how much correction photoshop does.....since ive upgraded to 7 my pix have been turning out much better :D cough cough

Take Care!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom