Lake Travis Wed 4/1/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryanh1985

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering if any Austin divers felt like playing hooky for the day and felt like doing some diving. Wouldn't mind getting in a few deep dives.

I may be able to make the early afternoon if you and anyone else going are planning on hanging around. I haven't been down to the river channel for about 2 months so we could aim for that if you are interested in going there (about 130ish feet I think- maybe more maybe less depending upon the lake- anyone been there recently?) .

P

Train Right!
Tech Diving Instruction&nbspfrom Austin, TX-&nbsp Deep Down, your training matters, so Train Right - Home

Lake is currently 654 so the River Channel will be around 140.

Beyond recreational diver limits. :eyebrow: :wink:

Last edited:
Seeing how the vis. is guess I am going to put this trip on hold.

Jut an FYI but the viz is really crappy deep at the moment. Something like 1 foot at 100 feet

Now look what you've done. You gone and discouraged him. A TRUE swamper would say "Viz is really incredible deep at the moment. Something like 1 foot at 100 feet."

Phrase it that way and you'll have to beat them back with a stick! :D

Now look what you've done. You gone and discouraged him. A TRUE swamper would say "Viz is really incredible deep at the moment. Something like 1 foot at 100 feet."

Phrase it that way and you'll have to beat them back with a stick! :D

HAHA, Sooo true. :D 3 hour drive is just a bit much for that kind of vis. when I could drive up to OK in 1 1/2 and get better.

In retrospect I may have been being unduly pessimistic.

Viz is probably somewhere in the 12-13" range.

I wish I could get off, even to dive 8" vis, looks to be a gorgeous day to head out to the lake for some diving. Long as I get a chance to see the bottom before my mask hits it :wink:

To bad that work thing keeps getting in the way, I really need to sign up for that 'independently wealthy' thing :D

I'll hope for the weekend :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom