Lake Travis Scuba Fall Schedule and Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Travis Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The 2008 dive season has proven a dive charter on Lake Travis has been very much needed. Thank you to the many Texas Swamp Divers and DIMWIT's for making the first summer for Lake Travis Scuba a success. Your support and positive postings are appreciated beyond words. Thank You is all I can say.

The new fall schedule is posted on the web site. Charters are running each weekend day from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, giving time for the sun to warm the air. I am working on a way to heat the cabin area to warm up during the surface interval between dives.

Beginning in October, a Divemaster will be aboard every charter. They are available to help with moving gear, setup, diving, and generally anything you need during your charter.

A dedicated shuttle will be ready to move your gear from the unloading area to the dock. No more confusion as to where the golf carts will be located, whether they will be available, and will they work. Divers should arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to departure to assure they make the shuttle ride.

Weights are now stocked on the boat, no need to carry your own. If you need a weight belt, include the size in the comment field on the reservation request form.

A project to run permanent lines and develop a detailed map of the Scuba Park is under way. New objects continue to be found - three cars (Corvair, early model Thunderbird, and Toyota Corona Deluxe) have been identified among the many boats, including a three story houseboat.

Several walls have been explored, yielding many sunglasses, anchors, and unopened beer cans and bottles among other things. One wall has a large structure with old style support beams resting on the bottom.

I look forward to having you dive with Lake Travis Scuba and thank you for all your support.

Robert Weiss
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Very professional looking website. What an awesome service to have available :)

Thanks Robert!

I dove with Robert last weekend and had a great dive. He runs a first class operation.

Back
Top Bottom