LAKE TRAVIS SCUBA charter service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Travis Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My name is Robert Weiss and I am the owner/operator of Lake Travis Scuba, a dive charter service located on Lake Travis in Austin, Texas. The Giant Stride, a customized 30' pontoon boat, is operated from Riviera Marina. Golf carts provided by Riviera Marina can be used to move your gear to the dock for loading to the boat. No walking through mud, grass and over rocks to get to the staging area.

Giant Stride is capable of delivering eight divers to any site on the lake. From Open Water Training to Technical diving, we are able to offer you the convenience of diving on the lake without the crowds above and below the water. Each diver station supports two tanks and storage for your dive gear. Dry storage is also available for your personal items.

Safety is our greatest concern. The boat is equipped with a Oxygen kit, AED, First Aid kit and Back board to handle any emergency. A safety hang bar with surface supplied air is placed in the water for every dive. I am an instructor for American Heart Association and PADI Emergency First Response.

The web site is under development and will soon change, but for now the primary information is on the temporary site. To schedule a charter or for more information, please contact me at robert@laketravisscuba.com or 512-784-5980.

I look forward to having you aboard Giant Stride,

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba

Handful of questions for you...

What's your cost per diver?

Minimum number of divers to run a trip?

What areas of the lake will you take divers to?

Space for doubles?

Cost to rent the boat out for a 1/2 day and full day?

Do you need a qualified divemaster? :wink:

Do you require a minimum number of divers to run a trip? A minimum of three divers are needed to run a trip.

Do you allow a diver to Solo dive? For your safety all divers must have a buddy to make the dive.

What areas of the lake will you take divers to? We can take divers to any area on the lake. A charter will last four hours and does not require to be two tanks. For dive sites beyond this area, a private charter can be arranged.

Do you have space for me to dive on my doubles? Each diver seat offers two tank support. Depending on the number of divers using double tank systems, the total number of divers may be limited to meet boat weight limits. Additional air tanks for technical diving can be stored and also may limit the number of divers to meet boat weight limits. Arrangements should be made in advance if you need to use additional air bottles.

Cost to rent the boat out for a 1/2 day and full day? Private charters can be scheduled for Half- and Full-day rental. See our services page for pricing.

Do you need a qualified divemaster? A divemaster can be arranged if needed. All divers should dive within your limits and experience level. Liability Release and Standard Safe Diving Practices Statement of Understanding must be provided before departing from the marina. These forms are available on the web site.

Ok, I may be a little slow....I would like to collect a list of interested and qualified DM's who can be called when one is needed. For divers wanting a DM, a fee will be added to pay the DM for their services.

If you are a certified DM with liability coverage please contact me so I can add you to a list.

How is the service going so far? Also if space is available on the pontoon, what is the fee for a non-diver? Thx

How is the service going so far? Also if space is available on the pontoon, what is the fee for a non-diver? Thx

Yes that was going to be my question as well, how much for non-divers who tag along with their much cooler friends who scuba?:D

Back
Top Bottom