Lake Travis pict and videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never been there but I would bet that that golden glow in the photos is not exactly what you see when your diving is it Willie? That color seems to come through loud in clear in My pictures a lot of times. I see that overtone in the pictures I take in my favorite lakes like Broken Bow , OK. Why? ...I guess it could be because thats the main color of the water I suppose. When I look up it looks bright and golden but when I'm looking straight ahead it seems to look nothing like that. Some of the best Southern lake waters I've been in produce that color tone in the pictures. I've got some pictures to be developed soon from a new camera and I'll see if they do the same thing ( 'Bet they Do !! )

Keep looking up Dude ~ and of course... and Divin' Down !! :D

Timeliner:
I've never been there but I would bet that that golden glow in the photos is not exactly what you see when your diving is it Willie?
I suspect you are right. I have a filter for deeper, clear water which I normally use in the lake as well. The filter works really well in Cozumel like water. In the lakes, if I leave it off, there is a strong green cast.

It is obvious I tend to just point and shoot. One of these days, I may get around to trying to get some good ones. :)

Willie

I haven't tried UW picture takin' myself much, but understanding something about photography I've always wondered if something like a green filter would work for shallow water in lakes like Travis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom