Lake Travis Feb 27, 28, 29. Anyone Game?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justin-branam

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be in Austin this fri, sat, and sun. if anyone wants to dive, give me a buzz and we can get something together. e-mail me . i would love to get in a NICE lake travis dive, especially when its cold!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Too cold for me! But I'm reading about Lake Travis and it seems like it must be a pretty good place to dive. You evidently enjoy it there- what is it like? Thanks,
Foo

where you going at lake travis?

i was told by one LDS that the dam is a poor dive right now. they are building new docks and ramps there and you can't see more then 1ft in front of you do to all the sand they are pouring in.

what time are you getting into austin?

firedogut:
where you going at lake travis?

i was told by one LDS that the dam is a poor dive right now. they are building new docks and ramps there and you can't see more then 1ft in front of you do to all the sand they are pouring in.

what time are you getting into austin?

good point. i didnt even think about that. maybe ill hold off then. i dont like windy point to much, so maybe ill sneak off and go float the comal!!

justin-branam:
good point. i didnt even think about that. maybe ill hold off then. i dont like windy point to much, so maybe ill sneak off and go float the comal!!

Better bring your own toob. The places that rent the toobs aren't open yet. Usually around memorial day for most.

parrotheaddiver:
Better bring your own toob. The places that rent the toobs aren't open yet. Usually around memorial day for most.

Who said anything about tubing!! i plan on finding anything dropped by those tubers. best item to date: monte blanc pen. who takes a monte blanc pen tubing with them anyways???

This time of year i dont think youd find much in the Comal. Not too many tubers since the last divers went through. Anyway, i might be up for it, when are you planning on jumping in, we could park my Rodeo down south so we can drive back. I might be able to on sunday but i think friday and saturday is out of the question for me. gotta be done on sunday by about 3 or 4 though.

lemme know

phazeshyft@yahoo.com

The construction they were doing at Mansfield Park Dive Area is complete. Last weekend at Windy Point Park, vis was 6-8 feet, until several classes got in the water, then it varied.
With the rain this week, vis might drop again until we get a few days of no rain. I won't know till Saturday. I have a Master Diver student at the lake then. If I get there before the weekend I will let you know what I find.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom