Lake Travis Dive Report??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was thinking of taking an AOW class to Lake Travis this month. Anyone dove there recently. I was wondering how the lake level was doing? Vis??

Thanks,

Chris

Level at 681 [perfectly full] and a tempterature of 86 degrees, a bit warm to my preference.

Haven't been there for a couple weeks, but vis is normally in the 5-10 region and better as you go deep - - that may differ right now because of the floods a month ago.

This link will give you current info:
http://wwwext.arlut.utexas.edu/omg/weather.html

I didn't get any closer than the Oasis last week for lunch but vis from 200' up looked great. Shoreline was clear.

Went diving Saturday at the old SCUBA park. I went to about 100 feet deep and the vis changed many times. The range was about 5-10 feet or so. The vis is getting much better from the past few weeks. What we really need to a thermocline (sp?) to clear things up. I will be diving again Saturday (finishing an AOW student) plans are to start shallow for about 15 minutes then head down to 100 feet for deepwater checkout.

thanks BF,

I would appreciate a report on Sat's conditions.

Thanks,

Chris

The vis was not bad from 40-80 but from 0-40 vis was still not real good. This then creates the 40-80 to be really dark, but clear. I was getting about 10-12 feet vis.

Back
Top Bottom