Lake Travis current conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x

Contributor
Reaction score
Well boys & girls pack your things and head to the Lake.
Reports are coming in that the vis is really great from the surface down to 50' then it starts fizzing out after that on deeper. Temp is still in the high 50s & low 60s.

Dave

I will be at windy point this weekend. I am going to try out my new 7mm semi dry.

around 10...we'll be doing some skills work and simulated deco dives.

that is, if my allergies don't kill the deal...mucus and diving are such a great mix.

I have dove Lake Travis two days this week. Vis is anywhere from 15-25 feet. I didn't even need my divelight at 75 feet. Water temp at 70 feet is 53 degrees.
Rain is forecast for Friday night thru Saturday and Saturday night. A 50% Friday afternoon and night, 80% Saturday and 30% Sunday morning for those thinking of coming in from out-of-town

cyklon_300:
around 10...we'll be doing some skills work and simulated deco dives.

that is, if my allergies don't kill the deal...mucus and diving are such a great mix.

You probably already know this but milk and dairy products are mucous causing agents. Since Beast quit drinking milk for a few days before diving, his sinus problem have almost disappeared.

eeD:
You probably already know this but milk and dairy products are mucous causing agents. Since Beast quit drinking milk for a few days before diving, his sinus problem have almost disappeared.

I've gone to using Guiness on my cheerios to avoid the milk...:D

cyklon_300:

Atta boy. Nuthin like a quality Barley Pop to substitute for those nasty, snot-causin dairy products......

cyklon_300:

Be on the safe side and mix sudafed into your cereal instead of fruit or what-not ;-). I'm fairly certain that you can kiss your liver good bye after mixing these two, but as far as I know the liver is not required for diving anyway. It's just another mass of tissue to take on nitrogen load.

Ah, Beer. So much more than a breakfast food...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom