Lake Travis Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a big trash cleanup at Lake Travis. LCRA and the local shops are running it.
We're going to Devil's Cove and Stearn's Island to dive for trash.

I know 3-4 taht will be diving wiht Oak Hill SCUBA and the attached message shows some wiht SCUBAland North, and .....

Note the answers to this message string:
http://scubaboard.com/t70205-lake-travis-underwater-cleanup.html

I also had a PM from one fellow wiht the UT SCUBA Club.

See Ya at the barbeque - - - I'm thinking of wearing my TSDT t-shirt!

Scubaland has changed their location to Windy Point -public - so I'm sure they'll be loads of interesting trash! ..... we'll be out there bright & early!!

Larry - if we spot the shirt, we'll say Hi!!

Diver Kat:
...Windy Point -public - so I'm sure they'll be loads of interesting trash!

There's usually no shortage of trash there...I turned in 21 lbs of aluminum cans to the recycler this morning, most of which was harvested from the public side over the last couple of months.

A good place to look is the ledge 20-30' below where the fishermen hang out...

Hope y'all had a good cleanup!

I arrived REAL early at Mansfield Dam, counted divers for OHS - then staked out a table front & center at the barbeque. Didn't see, or get accosted by, any unknown scubaboard members though.

I had my TSDT shirt on, but it's not real obvious in a crowd of diveshirts.
We had some fun with the shirts for the leaders as they had left OHS off the sponsor/contributor list. So we all got shirts with "AND OAK HILL SCUBA" spray painted on out rears!

Once again - maybe next time.

Larry .... kept an eye out for you - but didn't spot the TSDT shirt. But as you say, among all the dive shirts there, it was hard to try and spot just one! We did see the a couple of the Oak Hill Scuba spray painted shirts .... pretty funny, and a much better way to get noticed than the tiny print the others were listed in!! Our pick-up was disappointing in that we didn't find much trash at Windy Point, but then again I guess that is really a good sign that not much is being dumped in that area.

We'll just have to hope to run into you another time, another place!

Mansfield Dam was packed yesterday morning. I'd like to know what the most interesting item found was? One of the guys in our group found an unmarked boat.

According to the Statesman, We hauled up 10 tons of garbage yesterday.

I got to use my SMB to haul up a truck tire.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom