Lake Travis 5-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvilleStang

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So we did Mansfield, and boy did it suck. The first 15 feet or so weren't bad, then it battled between about 4 foot vis to 2 foot until about 100 or so. We kicked out off the wall to about 70ish then kicked eastward along it, and slowly descended as the wall started to get deeper. We bottomed out at 106 because there was no promising sign of any resemblence of a windex layer, and it was running about that time to turn the dive. I think the best part of the dive was the three Corona's afterwards. Seeing from the reports, Windy Point sounded about the same this weekend. Well, hopefully it'll get better before this weekend. Oh, and 57.2 degrees at 106'.

Sounds about right... can't wait for the Fall, hopefully the windex will come back or I don't know what I'm going to do all year.

loosebits:
Sounds about right... can't wait for the Fall, hopefully the windex will come back or I don't know what I'm going to do all year.

:confused: Suck it up man!!!!! :D :wink:

loosebits:
Have faith my good man....till then, there is Marianna, High springs and akumal.
Hey did you dive that lake I sent you imfo on?

Dave

PvilleStang:
We bottomed out at 106 because there was no promising sign of any resemblence of a windex layer.
I have seen where the vis was 6" at 130' and boom it opens up at 131 to windex on down to the riverbed. I am not saying that it was not bad deeper than you went and it probally was , but the real test is to get to 135 and see if vis starts to improve. Thanks for the vis report on what you seen.

Keep the faith boys, Lady Travis will give it up sooner or later.
Dave

Nope, haven't hit that lake yet; we're too busy having fun with our trimix but we'll probably try and do it soon. Got a Marianna trip next weekend- going to skip JB; just doing Twin and Hole. After that I'll be away for a few weeks on business then it's a week in Akumal so maybe sometime in July we'll be able to get out there.

Back
Top Bottom