Lake Travis - 5-19-2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay_SMART_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove Barstow's Windy Point yesterday afternoon. Had been almost a month since I'd been wet (too long). The weather was nice a little cloudy so it cut down on the ambient light, but plenty warm outside (Outside Temp 87). The lake was pretty flat and the wind was just a nice breeze. Got two dives in. Dive 1: 13:43 hrs, Max Depth 60 feet, 39 minutes, temp at depth 66 degrees Visibility was about 10 feet at best, the temp on the platforms was around 70 degrees at 35 feet. The fish were very plentiful and HUNGRY, could barely see my girlfriend accross the platform, we had fun feeding some of the bigger catfish that came up. Dive 2: 16:34 hrs, Max Depth 50 feet, 48 minutes, temp 67. Visibility is geting better and the temp is coming up but still a little chilly and dark once you get off the platforms.

Geez, you're not kidding about the fish being out... even the cichlids look like they're mobbing you. That's a lot of catfish, too.

Sounds great! Can't wait to dive up there, I'm in Houston and hope to get some dives there this summer. Pictures are cool.

Back
Top Bottom