Lake Travis 1/16/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlislere

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We tried again today. Lake temp was from 58-56 degrees. Visability was 1 foot, maybe. We got separated twice; if we got more than 2-3 foot from each other we would lose the light glow. We needed lights below 20-25 feet. The boats are still there though. The New York strips that DivePilot grilled were pretty good too!

carlislere:
We tried again today. Lake temp was from 58-56 degrees. Visability was 1 foot, maybe. We got separated twice; if we got more than 2-3 foot from each other we would lose the light glow. We needed lights below 20-25 feet. The boats are still there though. The New York strips that DivePilot grilled were pretty good too!

Wish I lived a bit closer,,,would join you guys on a few dives.

Ron, Robin and I just got back from Costa Maya and Cozumel on our cruise. Costa Maya was amazing with lots of canyons and swim throughs. Viz in Costa Maya was 60-70 and 78 Degrees. We dove a site called Escalones. It was great. As you know, all we had to compare to was Travis and the springs. It was quite a change to see that far in the water!!! Cozumel was equally impressive with viz near the 100ft range at paradise reef. Temp was around 79. Robin was a little nervous, but she did great. The whole time I was thinking....Lake Travis will never be the same to me!! Let me know if you guys are tryin again anytime soon.

Ryan

Hi, Ryan,
Sounds like ya'll had a great time. What cruise line did you use? We will let you know next time we go.

carlislere:
Hi, Ryan,
Sounds like ya'll had a great time. What cruise line did you use? We will let you know next time we go.

We used Royal Caribbean, and have had good luck with them (3 times so far) Rhapsody of the Seas out of Galveston.

Ryan

AustinPDDiver:
Ron, Robin and I just got back from Costa Maya and Cozumel on our cruise. The whole time I was thinking....Lake Travis will never be the same to me!! Let me know if you guys are tryin again anytime soon.

Ryan

Ah yes - It's still good though.... Sorry I blew by this noontime - I was running late to be back to work ... bleagh.
Carol & did the springs this weekend. It's wierd when the water is 20 degrees warmer than the air. Reduce that SI and get back in the water!!!
I'll look forward to tales of glory one of these days.

How's the Lake level these days. In November we went in at Windy Point the water 15+ feet high. That was before the whole place flooded.

Lake level is at 681 MSL which is full. You should be able to get to Windy Point by now.

Back
Top Bottom