Lake Texoma information needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YellowfinKunkfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know where I can find a really good topographic map of Lake Texoma?

Also, I have been trying to find the names of all the towns that were submerged when they made the lake, I can only come up with Preston, and Hagerman. Does anyone know of any others?

If fact any information anyone has on the history of Lake Texoma would be greatly appreciated. I'm not finding it very easily online.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Most fishing maps have decent contour lines. I seem to have lost mine. Other options include USGS quadrangles. This will give good countour lines and better naming for the small towns.

TwoBit

I agree with TwoBit.

Having said that, I use this supplier of maps every time I am looking for a new dive map. I am very happy with the quality and detail; however, understand, they are really fishing maps and not true contour maps like what you might find from USGS.

Oklahoma Fishing Maps from Omni Resources.
Check the very last item listed on this page.

Allright, I'm on the hunt for a USGS quad map of Lake Texoma. Should I get the fishing map too?

Kunk35 may have to buy a boat!:D

Rhonda

Kunk35 may have to buy a boat!:D

Yeah, right after I buy scuba stuff for Tyler, and a new Truck, and some more scuba stuff for me, and after paying off all our other stuff, and renovating the bathrooms, and doing some landscaping, and getting a toolbox for the garage.......

I'll get right on that:rofl3:

You have your priorities really messed up.:shakehead:

It's...
Scuba stuff for Tyler
Truck
Boat

and NONE of that other stuff. Well maybe the bathrooms, but we don't need landscaping, I'd just have to water it. And what do you need a toolbox for? All of your tools look just fine, strung out all over the garage?!:D

We're going to need a boat to find Preston, I guess we could rent one.

Rhonda

Allright, I'm on the hunt for a USGS quad map of Lake Texoma. Should I get the fishing map too?
Rhonda

Yes. Get both. Here's why:
1) A USGS quadrangle topo map will give you an unbelievable, bewildering amount of information in painstaking detail. That makes them extremely valuable maps. It also makes them somewhat difficult to read until you get used to reading USGS topo maps. Hear what I am saying here? They are very good maps; but sometimes they are just too much.

2) The omni maps don't contain all of the excrutiating detail that the USGS maps do. When choosing an omni map, I try to choose the A.I.D. maps; or if they are not available, then I choose the Fishing HotSpots maps. The omni maps do contain detail that is directly relevant to the hobbies of diving and fishing. That tends to make them a very appropriate selection for our purposes, even though we recognize that they don't contain all of the detail of USGS maps.

I own omni maps for Broken Bow, Caddo, Murray/Hugo (one map) and Tenkiller.
I believe you can order USGS maps from omni as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom