Lake Sam Rayburn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeehawherb

Registered
Reaction score
Next week I'm going to be at Lake Sam Rayburn. freshwater fishing isn't really my thing, i like offshore, where the fish are just as likely to pull you into their world as you are them. anyway, I was hoping to do some diving there, but every search for information has come up wit hte same information...

"Lake sam rayburn is one of Texas most over looked... etc etc etc..." OIbviously coppied from one website to many others.

Has anyone ever been there? I'm not opposed to just jumping in the water and looking around, buyt if anyone is savy to aparticular spot it would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

yeehawherb:
Next week I'm going to be at Lake Sam Rayburn. freshwater fishing isn't really my thing, i like offshore, where the fish are just as likely to pull you into their world as you are them. anyway, I was hoping to do some diving there, but every search for information has come up wit hte same information...

"Lake sam rayburn is one of Texas most over looked... etc etc etc..." OIbviously coppied from one website to many others.

Has anyone ever been there? I'm not opposed to just jumping in the water and looking around, buyt if anyone is savy to aparticular spot it would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

While there may be a few areas where you could see past the lens of your mask, it isn't a very divable lake. Stick to the surface stuff, fishing and skiing.

That's what it seemed to me, but atleast one person found something intersting about it and i have yet to discover what that is....

Back
Top Bottom