Trip Report Lake Phoenix Trip Report (28 Aug 21)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanerdnick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well I find myself back in the Mid-Atlantic after years in the South and South-west. Today was my first trip to Lake Phoenix since 2015 and I was damn impressed with all of the fantastic amenities/improvements since my last visit.

Surface Temp - 88
20 ' Temp - 83
1st Thermocline (30' ish?) - 76
Viz - 15-25 most places

We were all pretty new to Lake Phoenix as a whole but I was happy for the visibility (expected worse) and thrilled to see so many attractions at the lake. We stuck to the shallows as one of our divers was re-introducing herself to diving after several years away from the sport. That being said we were never without something to look at or inspect. We really enjoyed the pipe-maze/swimthrough, the jetski, cars, and helicopter. We didn't hit any of the deeper stuff due to ear issues with our friend but everything was great.

Had a faulty LPI that needed replaced and didn't have my tools but the folks at the shop took care of it for less than $30 in 10 minutes. Overall a great day and I'm looking forward to future trips!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom